Crawl space water damage is among the most common type of damage that is caused by a number of reasons that we will discuss in this article. It is important to properly determine the cause of water damage, the extent of the problem and recommended cure since it can lead to damaging the property and health hazards for the inhabitants of the home. Crawl space water damage is usually found in apartment buildings that are huge in size and a proper maintenance system is not available. …
Spaghetti carpet stains are among the most common and hardest to remove stains. Spaghetti is usually colored and when it falls on the surface of the carpet, it leaves a colored mark or stain on this area. This stain is difficult to remove and requires proper cleaning process to be performed. The cleaning process should be performed immediately so that the things do not get out of hand. There are different methods of removing carpet stains such as hot water extraction method and steam cleaning method. Another method named dry carpet cleaning is also popular though it is not the first choice when removal of carpet stains is intended.
We will describe the removal of spaghetti carpet stains using the hot water extraction method. In the hot water extraction method, industrial equipment is used in order to apply the cleaning mixture to the carpet. The industrial equipment has a chamber for storing water and cleaning agent. It applies the mixture uniformly to all parts of the carpet resulting in highly effective cleaning, especially in closets. The equipment also has pads at its rear end, which help in rubbing the stains off the carpet. There is, however, no need to purchase the equipment in order to perform the cleaning process since there are a number of professional companies offering the hot water extraction cleaning services.
The following lists were provided by Idaho Carpet Cleaning and Restoration: http://www.idahocarpetandrestoration.com
Supplies Required for removing the Spaghetti Carpet Stains
There are a number of supplies, which will be required in removing the spaghetti carpet stains. Some of the common supplies are stated below:
- Industrial Grade Equipment: This will be required to efficiently perform the hot water extraction process. In case the equipment is not available, a simple bottle may be used for pouring hot water on the carpet. The efficiency, in this case, will be mild but stains will be removed.
- Vacuum Cleaner: In order to remove dust and dirt particles from the carpet. It needs to be applied to all parts of the carpet so that a fresh look may be provided to the carpet.
- Scrubber or Clean Cloth: A scrubber or a clean cloth may be used in order to rub the stains off the carpet. The clean cloth will also help in drying the carpet.
- Safety Gloves: The worker should wear these gloves in order to keep his/her hands covered.
Performing the Spaghetti Carpet Stains Removal Process
Following steps are involved in applying the carpet stains removal process:
- In the first step, remove the spaghetti from the carpet with the help of gloves and a collector tool.
- Now, vacuum clean the carpet some that the small residue particles can be removed.
- Add water and cleaning agent in the chamber of the cleaning equipment.
- With the help of the industrial grade equipment, apply the hot water on the carpet along with the cleaning agent.
- Let it work for some time until the cleaning agent properly settles in.
- Now, with the help of scrubber, remove the stains from the carpet.
- Wash it again with the help of hot water.
- Now, let the carpet dry for a few hours.
Closet cleaning is an important exercise especially for people who keep a lot of clothes. Closet cleaning involves the complete cleaning, disinfecting and organizing of the closet so that the clothes kept in the closet remain clean and safe. Inside an unclean closet, various insects and microbial can grow damaging the clothes kept there. Similarly, increased moisture levels in the closet can affect the quality of the clothes as well as the carpets, especially after a good steam cleaning of your floors. An unorganized closet, on the other hand, can result in frustrating circumstances for the individuals, as it can get difficult to sort clothes. It is, therefore, important to regularly clean, disinfect, dehumidify and organize the closet.
Important Tips for Cleaning the Closet
The closet should be thoroughly cleaned so that all sorts of dust and garbage be removed. Before starting to clean the closet, take everything out of it. When the closet is completely empty, make an assessment of the cleaning requirements. Dust the racks and sides of the closet with the help of a duster or a broom. Collect the garbage at one side of the closet and gather it so that nothing spills. Similarly, gather all the dirt at one end and collect it carefully. Make sure that the cobwebs at the corners of the closet have also been removed.
Insects and Pest Control for Closet
Insects and pests can be a serious problem for the clothes kept inside the clothes since insects may damage them. It is, therefore, necessary to use some proper method or technique for controlling the spread of insects and pests inside the closet. Various methods are employed by the professionals in order to stifle the favorable conditions for the insects. Naphthalene camphor or mothballs can be kept inside the closets, which will repel insects and mosquitoes.
Disinfecting the Closet of Microbial
Microbial and harmful organisms can grow inside the closets quickly since they find a favorable environment here. These microbial may stick to the clothes resulting in unhygienic conditions for the individuals. In order to avoid such circumstances, some microbial control method should be used. When you are cleaning the closet, you can apply solutions for disinfecting the closet and with cleaning the carpet.
Dehumidifying the Closet
Dehumidifying is an integral part of the closet cleaning process since it can save you from a lot of troubles. When a closet is properly dehumidified, it inhibits the growth of insects and microbial inside the closet. Similarly, clothes are also protected from the effects of humidity. During the closet cleaning, it is viable to use a dehumidifier or you can place something inside the closet such as silica gel, which absorbs the humidity inside the closet.
Organizing the Closet
Another important part of the closet cleaning process is the organizing of the closet. Everything inside the closet should be kept in an organized and proper way so that it is easier to sort stuff. The organization should be done in a way so that it makes sense to you. You should be able to quickly find clothes without having to move everything inside the closet.
It is important to perform this process regularly so that your closet remains clean and well organized.…
Steam Carpet Cleaning is one of the popular methods of cleaning carpets both in domestic and commercial buildings. When done right, steam cleaning can effectively remove dirt and odor from carpets while it is also effective in removing normal stains. If you are looking to do this method, steam carpet cleaning requires some industrial grade equipment along with some cleaning agent in order to properly clean the carpet.
It is recommended that the material strength of the carpet should be determined before applying the process on the carpet. Sometimes the fibers of the carpet may shrink as a response to the hot steam; therefore, an appropriate setting should be set for steam on the equipment before initiating the process. A proper understanding of the equipment and the process should be acquired so that the effectiveness of the cleaning process can be maximized. In this article, we will explain the steam cleaning process so that the individuals can perform it optimally in commercial and residential buildings.
Supplies Needed to Perform Steam Cleaning Process
There are a few standard supplies needed to perform the steam cleaning process. Some of the common supplies needed in a steam carpet cleaning process are as follows:
- Vacuum Cleaner: A vacuum cleaner will be required in order to remove the dust particles from the carpet before performing the steamer.
- Steam Cleaner: A steam cleaner will be required to apply the steam to the carpet. The steamer will have a water chamber where the cleaning agent can also be added.
- Cleaning Agent: An appropriate cleaning agent may be used in order to remove the stains and odor from the carpet.
- Scrubbing Pads: The pads are usually attached to the bottom of the steamer machine for cleaning the stains. Separate scrubbers can also be used in order to remove the stains.
Steam Carpet Cleaning Process
Following steps are involved in the steam carpet cleaning process:
- In the first step, vacuum clean the carpet so that dirt particles can be removed.
- Now, add water and the cleaning agent in the chamber of the steam cleaner. A suitable cleaning agent or vinegar can be used for the purpose.
- Gradually move the steamer in stripes to all parts of the room starting from one end.
- Make sure that all areas of the carpet have been properly steamed.
- Now, let the cleaning agent crystallize the dust particles. After some time, vacuum clean the carpet again.
- If there are stains on the carpet then make sure to scrub them after steaming.
- Dry the carpet properly after the odor and stains have been removed.